Why Join the Small Farm Training Group?
- Membership costs just £20 per year, and this covers a whole family at the same address.
- Benefit from a wide variety of subsidised training courses with experienced, friendly instructors. Learn anything from basic sheep keeping to building your own solar panel.
- Free monthly Friday meetings with a informative speaker on a wide range of topics from growing your own nuts, to raising meat to sell for profit.
- Borrow from our well-stocked library of books and videos on smallholding, farming, and animal rearing.
- Meet enthusiastic, like-minded people who all share a passion for countryside values.
- Unlimited, unbiased advice from our private members forum, and our private members Facebook chat group.
- Receive our informative newsletter three times a year.
- Attend our annual picnic set in the glorious Sussex countryside, hosted by one of our members.
- Get behind the scenes tours of other members farms and smallholdings with our annual Open Day event.
Discounts with local and some national suppliers. Although subject to change, SFTG membership currently entitles you to:
– a 5% discount on any animal feed purchased from outside the “shop” area at Windmill Feeds, Cross in Hand and 1 Bell Lane, Uckfield
– 10% discount on shop goods at Haynes (formerly Sussex Tractors)
– a discount on their Heygate feed range (at the ‘tonne rate’, regardless of the quantities you take) at DSC Feed Supplies of Hailsham.
– 3% discount on various items from Mole Country stores; you do need the current membership card to get this discount
– 12.5% discount on most goods (a few at 10%) from Spaldings in Lincs (www.spaldings.co.uk) by declaring your membership to their Southern Telesales on 01522 507620
– 5% discount with AP Farm Supplies in Yorks., on saying that you are a Group member (www.apfarmsupplies.co.uk)
You can go to the Downloads page and find a copy of the latest Membership form, together with the Group’s latest Data Protection information. If you would like to set up a Standing Order for your Subscription you can also find one there. For any further details please email the Membership Secretary Derek Blackburn or call 01424 882586. The annual family or household subscription is still £20. There is also a fee for each course attended.